Husky Energy is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy companies. Based in Calgary, Alberta, it is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE and HSE.PR.A. Husky and its more than 5,000 employees operate in Western and Atlantic Canada, the United States and the Asia Pacific Region, with Upstream and Downstream business segments.
Husky’s Oil Sands Business Unit is seeking full time Requisition Technician to work within the Sunrise District, an expanding cross-functional team. This is an exciting opportunity to help and participate in building the Sunrise team.
Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Husky Energy Inc. is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy and energy-related companies, with upstream, midstream and downstream segments operating from Western Canada, to offshore Canada’s East Coast, the United States, China, Indonesia and Greenland. Husky is a financially disciplined, integrated energy company with a consistent record of strong operational and financial performance.
The construction of Phase I of Husky’s Sunrise program is progressing. The Sunrise program is anticipated to be a multi-phase development that will form a cornerstone of Husky’s long-term growth strategy. The 60,000 Bbl/d, Phase 1 Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) facility is located approximately 100 km northeast of the City of Fort McMurray.
The Sunrise District is committed to building a successful team founded upon the principles of Husky’s Operational Integrity Management System.
Currently all the District teams have transitioned to site. This is a rotational fly in / fly out work assignment at the Sunrise site; working 12 per day on 7 days on and 7 days off shift. Husky will supply transportation between designated airports and the Sunrise site. At the Sunrise site, the comfortable camp accommodations and recreational amenities will be provided.
The Requisition Technician will provide support to the various departments within the Sunrise District organization, including Operations, Maintenance, Engineering and Administration & Site Wide Services. Reporting to the Administration & Site Wide Services Manager. Interfacing and working closely with corporate SCM group and taking responsibility of some of the goals and objectives assigned to Administration & Site Wide Services department as per Sunrise District yearly plan.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- As SAP Requisition Tech., manage purchase requisitions and invoices assuring correct coding and routing to the proper approvers
- Perform independent, routine or repetitive assignments using a variety of simple techniques and standard work procedures. Work within established guidelines. Computer literacy including software and database management, as well as a good understanding of basic technical concepts is required
- Creating requisitions and expediting purchase orders
- Preparing SAP reports and other reports for procurement management
- Process requisition requests
- Process material transfers
- Process non purchase order invoices
- Process receipt of goods/services from external and internal vendors
- Invoice Exception Handling
- Resolve payment automation issues
- Post allocation of costs
- Resolve AFE and GL corrections
- Resolve Governance compliance issues
- Resolve automated vendor tickets sent in error
- Breakdown of remittances for vendors
- Facilitate refunds for vendors
- Check all tickets for additional charges, payment terms and duplicates
- Set up vendors with payment terms
- Daily and Weekly cost reviews and AFE/location checks
- Link outline agreements to purchase orders
- Provide training to all Sunrise Teams on Husky's Procurement Process
- Manage and update users on payment automation system
- Resolve vendor inquiries with payment automation issues
- Post allocation of costs
- Participate in project design activities including enhancements, reporting and process improvements. This includes;
- Testing cost estimate sheets Analyzing new initiatives Testing new initiatives from internal and external departments
- Creating presentations for Cortex
- Ensure effective communication with internal and external customers
- Participate in fostering an environment of continuous improvement and financial discipline
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with other work groups within Husky and with local stakeholders
- Assist in Sunrise District Budget coordination