Husky Energy is a Canadian-based integrated energy and energy-related company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, with upstream operations located throughout Western Canada, offshore Eastern Canada, and Southeast Asia. Husky ranks among Canada's largest petroleum companies in terms of production and the value of its asset base Husky strives to be a leader in value creation and is committed to maintaining our decade long record of continuous growth.
Husky's Heavy Oil and Gas (HOG) Business Unit is looking for a Reservoir Engineering Specialist to join the Cold Production Reservoir Engineering team. As a member of this team the successful incumbent will provide technical support for the exploitation activities of the Alberta and Saskatchewan Asset teams.
Reporting to the Reservoir Manager - Cold Production, the Reservoir Engineering Specialist's responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Conducting engineering studies and/or reservoir simulations, including model construction and history matching, of primary and/or EOR processes.
- Conducting detailed economic evaluations and analyses
- Conducting competitor analyses
- Optimizing depletion strategies for existing pools and potential new pools
- Keeping abreast of new developments in cold heavy oil production including Waterflooding, MEOR and Polymer Flooding.
- Providing support for acquisitions and divestures as required.