Who we’re looking for:
We are currently looking for an ambitious post-secondary student who is enrolled in a recognized institution. Students need to be actively enrolled in at least one semester following the completion of their summer work term.
- Physically fit, able to lift 50lbs and willing to work outside in all weather conditions as required
- Some oil and gas experience would be an asset but not required
- Proficiency in MS Office and databases
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- A valid driver's license
Benefits of a Husky Summer Student Position:
- Opportunities to:
- take part in impactful business projects
- network with experienced professionals
- engage in a strong student network
- gain valuable exposure in the Oil and Gas industry
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages
Please submit resume and transcript with application.
Please note: Applications without recent transcripts will not be considered.
This is a safety sensitive role and as such you will also be required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during required work hours. Furthermore, you will also be required to pass the Husky pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements.
This position requires the incumbent to operate a vehicle for which a valid driver's license is required. If you are selected for an interview you will be required to submit a copy of a recent driver's abstract. The final candidate(s) will be required to provide a recent original driver's abstract for a 5 year period, 30 days prior to starting work with Husky, for review by our Health and Safety group.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Husky Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion which is leveraged for an innovative and productive work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, women and people with disability.