Husky Energy is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy companies. Based in Calgary, Alberta, it is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE and HSE.PR.A. Husky and its more than 5,000 employees operate in Western and Atlantic Canada, the United States and the Asia Pacific Region, with Upstream and Downstream business segments.
Husky's Tucker SAGD (Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage) facility near Bonnyville and Cold Lake, AB, currently has an opportunity for an experienced Plant Operator. The operation consists of water treating, high pressure steam generation, sour oil wells and oil treating facilities. The facility operation is a 24-hour, 365 days per year, requiring incumbents to work 12 hour rotational shifts (including weekends and holidays). Travel is required and transportation to the site from either Cold Lake or Bonnyville is provided.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of oil, steam injection and water disposal wells, oil battery, produced and raw water plants, steam plant, well testing facilities and other associated equipment
- Assist or supervise various personnel to perform day to day operational activities in compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements
- Assist with commissioning activities on plant start-ups when required
- Troubleshoot all site-specific equipment and resolve process problems to optimize operations
- Monitor steam and oil production and maintain plant operations records (i.e. log sheets, work permits, production reports etc.) as required
- Respond to and may direct emergency situations and/or incidents in compliance with Husky's Emergency Response Plan
- Comply with Husky's policies, values, regulatory compliance, and operational integrity program