Husky Energy is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy companies. Based in Calgary, Alberta, it is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE and HSE.PR.A. Husky and its more than 5,000 employees operate in Western and Atlantic Canada, the United States and the Asia Pacific Region, with Upstream and Downstream business segments.
Husky’s Heavy Oil and Gas Business Unit Operations Engineering team is looking for a professional and highly motivated Mechanical Engineer or Technologist for a one year temporary term.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing proactive technical support to the Lloydminster Heavy Oil and Gas (HOG) business unit. A key focus is on stewardship and leadership for the numerous surface facilities from single well batteries to large heavy oil cleaning plants. Your technical expertise will ensure safe, reliable and efficient operations and designs from a mechanical perspective.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working in a team environment with other technical staff, field operations staff, maintenance staff, project leaders and engineering contractors
- Supporting Husky's management-of-change policy through design, evaluation and approval of proposed changes to existing facilities
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for operating cost reduction and optimization
- Troubleshooting and optimizing upstream processing facilities and equipment
- Providing technical support to operations staff on day to day operational equipment issues
- Providing technical support to project leaders at front-end (phases 1 and 2) of projects
- Evaluating new processing and equipment technologies
- Reviewing engineering drawings and providing technical expertise
- Participating in HAZOP, P&ID reviews, incident reviews and other related QA/QC/HSE tasks as they relate to mechanical systems