The successful candidate must be willing to work a 12-hour rotating shift including weekends and holidays and should have:
- Minimum 4th Class Power Engineering Certification, 3rd Class Power Engineering Certification is preferred
- Experience operating a distributed control system (DCS) would be an asset
- Proficiency with SAP, Word, and Excel would be an asset
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated good initiative with a willingness to accept increased operations responsibility
- Keen safety awareness and knowledge of safe work procedures
As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessments.
As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e., issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver's abstract for the preceding 3 year period when appearing for an interview.
Husky Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion which is leveraged for an innovative and productive work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, women and people with disability.