Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Be a professional engineer recognized by APEGGA with 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a process facility environment
- Process engineering experience, including working knowledge of Hysys
- Have working knowledge of B31.1, B31.3, ASME Sec VIII
- Have working knowledge of OH&S, AEUB, ASRD, AEP regulations and requirements
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; capable of working in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced multi-disciplinary work environment while managing multiple priorities
This position requires the incumbent to operate a vehicle for which a valid driver's license is required. The final candidate will be required to provide a recent (i.e. issued within previous 4 weeks) original driver's abstract for a 5 year period, prior to starting work with Husky, for review by our Health and Safety group.
Rainbow Lake is located in the Northwest corner of Alberta, approximately 140 km west of High Level. It is a family oriented community with 1200 people serviced by extensive recreation facilities, a health care facility, and both primary and secondary schools. Husky's Rainbow Lake Operations offer some of the most technically challenging and varied experience in the oil and gas industry. The Rainbow District consists of sweet and sour oil and gas wells, with gathering facilities that send the production to a large central processing plant. The oil and gas is sweetened at the plant before being shipped to sales or used for re-injection. The district has more than 100 local employees and another 25 full time contractors. Relocation to Rainbow Lake is required.
Husky provides a competitive compensation program for Rainbow Lake assignments. Employees are eligible for Site Specific Benefits which will be detailed in the recruitment process. They include a location premium, housing with paid utilities, a travel allowance and personal flights per each family member.
This posting will remain open for applications until a suitable candidate has been found.