The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Registered Engineer or Engineering Technologist with a minimum of 3 years experience in the petroleum industry (preference will be given to candidates with practical field-related experience)
- Project management experience an asset.
- General oil and gas mechanical, electrical and construction knowledge
- Experience working in a fast-paced operating field environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, computer, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong facilitation, teamwork, coaching and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to plan and manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook)
Rainbow Lake is located in the Northwest corner of Alberta, approximately 140 km west of High Level. It is a family oriented community with 1200 people serviced by extensive recreation facilities, a health care facility, and both primary and secondary schools. Husky's Rainbow Lake Operations offer some of the most technically challenging and varied experience in the oil and gas industry. The Rainbow District consists of sweet and sour oil and gas wells, with gathering facilities that send the production to a large central processing plant. The oil and gas is sweetened at the plant before being shipped to sales or used for re-injection. The district has more than 100 local employees and another 25 full time contractors. Relocation to Rainbow Lake is required.
Husky provides a competitive compensation program for Rainbow Lake assignments. Employees are eligible for Site Specific Benefits which will be detailed in the recruitment process. They include a location premium, housing with paid utilities, a travel allowance and personal flights per each family member.
As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e., issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver's abstract for the preceding 3 year period when appearing for an interview.
This posting will remain open for applications until a suitable candidate has been found.
Husky Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion which is leveraged for an innovative and productive work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, women and people with disability.