The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A professional engineer recognized by APEGGA with at least 7-10 years of experience, preferably in a facility environment.
- Have experience in pipeline and facility engineering and construction of sour conventional oil and gas facilities.
- Have excellent project management skills.
- Have working knowledge of B31.1, B31.3, ASME Sec VIII and CSA Z662.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Have working knowledge of OH&S, AER,OGC regulations and requirements.
- Have experience with Neotec Pipeflo software.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills capable of working in a team environment.
This position requires the incumbent to operate a vehicle for which a valid driver's license is required. The final candidate will be required to provide a recent (i.e. issued within previous 4 weeks) original driver's abstract for a 5 year period, prior to starting work with Husky, for review by our Health and Safety group.
Rainbow Lake is located in the Northwest corner of Alberta, approximately 140 km west of High Level. It is a family oriented community with 1200 people serviced by extensive recreation facilities, a health care facility, and both primary and secondary schools. Husky's Rainbow Lake Operations offer some of the most technically challenging and varied experience in the oil and gas industry. The Rainbow District consists of sweet and sour oil and gas wells, with gathering facilities that send the production to a large central processing plant. The oil and gas is sweetened at the plant before being shipped to sales or used for re-injection. The district has more than 100 local employees and another 25 full time contractors. Relocation to Rainbow Lake is required.
Husky provides a competitive compensation program for Rainbow Lake assignments. Employees are eligible for Site Specific Benefits which will be detailed in the recruitment process. They include a location premium, housing with paid utilities, a travel allowance and personal flights per each family member.
Husky Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion which is leveraged for an innovative and productive work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, women and people with disability