one of Canada's largest integrated
Sr. Financial AnalystCanada Apply Now
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Reporting – Pipelines to join our team in Calgary, Alberta.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Reporting is a key member of the Midstream Finance team with accountability for various aspects of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and processes. This includes the preparation of monthly financial consolidation, preparation of non-routine journal entries, preparation of variance analysis and many other internal and external reporting duties as required.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Prepare monthly non-routine journal entries and set up vendors, customers, GL accounts, cost/profit centers as needed
- Prepare monthly consolidation
- Prepare consolidated interim and annual financial statements with note disclosures
- Prepare various legal entity financial statements with note disclosures
- Prepare financial analysis for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Prepare/assist to review various monthly, quarterly, and annual internal reporting packages including quarterly forecast and annual budget
- Manage hedge accounting process including review of hedge documentation, hedge effectiveness test and monthly hedge report
- Lead/participate in different optimization projects for financial process
- Coordinate with external auditors, SOX auditors and internal auditors
- Coordinate with AR, AP, Tax, and Treasury to investigate or process transactions
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Accounting or equivalent area
- CPA Designation
- Minimum 7 years’ experience of full cycle financial accounting, preferably in oil and gas
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting with specific experience in preparation of financial statements and notes
- Strong organization skills with ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Experience in coordination of quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Ability to communicate effectively with overseas shareholders
- Knowledge of internal control analysis, compliance, and process improvement
- Experience in budget and forecasting process is preferred
- Audit experienced is preferred
Please note that pre-employment background checks are pre-conditions to Husky employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Husky.
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky's balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must apply online at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.