one of Canada's largest integrated
Sr Staff Automation EngineerCanada Apply Now
- Provide automation engineering support to Operations
- Provide automation engineering support to Projects
- Provide expertise on interpretation and compliance with regulations, for example ABSA pressure equipment regulations, CSA B149.3 fuel gas trains, Alberta Energy Regulator Directives
- Participate in corporate business controls processes, for example Pre-Startup Safety Reviews, Projects Gate Reviews, Internal Audits etc.
- Develop and review Technical Services' automation and instrumentation Engineering Specifications
- Provide automation engineering expertise to corporate standards and initiatives
- Participate in risk assessments, primarily process hazards analyses for new projects, and facility revalidations
- Promote knowledge sharing across Husky, including development and promotion of best practices, hosting and participating in instrumentation and control (l&C) User Groups
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronic, or equivalent Engineering
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with APEGA and/or APEGS
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 10 years of current and relevant automation engineering experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with an owner/operator in the oil and gas industry
- Experience working in a multi-discipline project environment
- Experience providing technical guidance to engineering contractors
- Experience providing technical guidance to operations
- Strong knowledge in project technical execution and deliverables
- Experience in developing automation and instrumentation standards, specifications and guidance documents
- Extensive knowledge of sensor design and application (pressure, temperature, level, flow, analyzers, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of controls systems design and application (PLCs, DCSs, SCADA, SIS)
- Extensive knowledge of control valve design and application
- Extensive knowledge of process control philosophies, including fire and gas systems
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Familiarity with automation and instrumentation standards relevant to the oil and gas industry, including API, ISA, AGA, IEC, CSA, etc.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.