one of Canada's largest integrated
Superintendent, OperationsCanada Apply Now
- Foster a safe working environment by adopting and supporting all HOIMS elements
- Develop a continuous improvement culture
- Work with Engineering & Maintenance in a collaborative environment to achieve SAGD Operational Excellence
- Provide coaching and leadership to develop staff and support their career development.
- The Operations Superintendent will be accountable for the safe operations of the entire Sunrise site and will oversee all field and Central Processing Facility operators during their 7-day shift.
- Support a positive and open safety culture
- Ensure that operations personnel understand and adhere to safe work practices, are able to identify risks and are empowered to take action to reduce risk
- Ensure that safe work procedures are established, understood, and followed.
- Participate in risk assessment sessions (HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, SIL, 3D Model Reviews) to identify and address potential hazards to personnel, assets, the public, and the environment.
- Show leadership in implementing risk management decisions.
- Have a leading role in Husky’s Emergency Response organization for the Sunrise site
- Ensure Operations staff are trained in the emergency management system and able to respond to effectively respond to incidents
- Coordinate simulations and drills
- Work closely with HSEQ to ensure that training is provided to all Operations personnel to ensure that the Operations team is fully qualified to meet job and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate leadership in the reporting and investigating of all incidents
- Create a culture of accountability within the Operations team by ensuring that incident investigations are carried out in a timely manner and that preventative and corrective follow-up actions are completed.
- Work closely with the HSEQ team, to meet ongoing compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements and with commitments to stakeholders.
- Technical Diploma (SAIT / NAIT Power Engineering or equivalent)
- First Class Power Engineering Certificate
- At least 10 years of Operations experience in U/S Oil and Gas, Refining, or Petrochemicals
- At least 5 years of experience as a coordinator, team lead, supervisor, or equivalent
- At least 5 years prior experience in Thermal / SAGD
- Strong troubleshooting and decision-making abilities, as well as proven business sense
- Familiarity with ABSA Power Engineering regulations
- Be knowledgeable in the HAZOP or other PHA processes
- Strong understanding of the MOC (Management of Change) process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – comfortable to lay out a vision and to produce a technical report
- Results-driven; a track record that shows the ability to achieve goals
- Ability to coach and develop potential in others
- Strong analytical, problem solving, computer, communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work in a team environment with a strong leaning towards a collaborative approach
- Ability to set priorities and work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary work environment
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.