one of Canada's largest integrated
Sr Supv, Thermal OperationsBattleford, Canada Apply Now
One of Husky’s advantages is that weare an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development,production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a rangeof learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and youare well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring andcareer development programs and resources to help you develop both personallyand professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadershipand business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs forqualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are ableto take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-onlearning and development.
Husky is currently looking for a SrSupervisor to join their Heavy Oil and Oil Sands ThermalOperations team at their Vawn and Edam SAGD facilities located near theBattleford District. This position will be accountable for overseeing the Steamand Water plant operations or Battery Process and Well Operations. Primaryfocus is to provide direction regarding productivity, efficiency and safeoperations. As a leader, you will champion Husky's High Reliability Organizationculture and the Husky Operational Integrity Management System (HOIMS).
Work schedule is 5 and 2 (Monday toFriday).
Specific responsibilities willinclude:
- Accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the steam generation facilities and/or oil processing facilities
- Ensure that all operations are undertaken within government regulations and that reporting of defined incidents to OH&S and Workers Compensation occurs
- Work collaboratively with peers and other stakeholders to gain consistency and provide input on process & design changes as required.
- Utilize all area-specific equipment to optimize performance to meet production targets as per Husky guidelines
- Communicate and ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Respond to and direct, as designated, all emergency situations and/or incidents in compliance with the Husky ERP (emergency response plan) guidelines through ICS (incident command system).
- Ensure completion of Loss Management functions such as incident reporting, environmental reporting, etc.
- Responsible for managing operating budget (monitor area costs and spending approval).
- Provide leadership and guidance for direct reports ensuring the completion of performance objectives, quarterly reviews and year-end performance assessments
- Work collaboratively with Operations Trainer to ensure employees receive the required training to complete their jobs safely and efficiently.
- Coach and mentor team members as required
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting/communication of all operations records and plant status reports (ie volume balances, log sheets, work permits)
Our ideal candidate will have thefollowing qualifications:
- Minimum 3rd Class Power Engineering Certification with proven Leadership skills (2nd or 1st class Power Engineering certification is preferred).
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in oil and gas operations such as a petrochemical refinery, upgrader or SAGD operations (SAGD experience is preferred)
- Minimum 3 - 4 years direct leadership/supervisory experience
- Excellent decision making and trouble shooting skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience with SAP and Microsoft Office would be an asset (Excel, Word, email, power point)
- Skilled level of understanding on safety standards and procedures ie equipment isolation, safe work permitting and hazard analysis
- Skilled level of understanding on regulatory standards and procedures
- Skilled level of understanding of processes and associated control systems including PLC (programmable logic control) and DCS (distributed control system).
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
For this position you will berequired to maintain a Class 5 driver's license, a satisfactory driving record,and adhere to the appropriate Company policies and guidelines. A Driver’sabstract will be one of the background checks requested in the Pre-employmentScreening for the final candidate.
As this position has been identifiedas safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this positionwill be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employmentmedical and alcohol/drug assessments.
Please note that pre-employmentbackground checks are pre-conditions to Husky employment offers and must becompleted successfully before you are confirmed to start with Husky.
At Husky, we respect diversity andembrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives asthey play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals areselected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourageapplications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people,women, and persons with disabilities.
Husky Energy is an integratedCanadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and ispublicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. TheCompany operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations inCanada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky's balanced growth strategyfocuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe andreliable operations.
Interested candidates must applyonline at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky's onlineapplication process can be considered. We thank all applicants for theirinterest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will becontacted.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.