one of Canada's largest integrated
Business Process AnalystCalgary, Canada Apply Now
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for a Business Process Analyst in our Calgary, Alberta office. They will provide support within the Exploration & Production Services (E&PS) Business Analysis team. The position will focus on projects and initiatives in the areas of business analysis, requirements gathering and documentation, existing and new business process management, change management and business architecture. This position will also act as a liaison with Husky’s IS Department for system related activities. The Business Process Analyst, will ensure alignment with technology, document and resolve business issues and engage the appropriate resources necessary to find business solutions.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide support for E&PS and Upstream business areas on well life cycle business processes and related technologies as required
- Participate on small to large scale projects involving multiple stakeholders, requiring independent planning, organization, and execution
- Establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships, manage expectations and ensure deliverables of initiative and projects are met
- Work collaboratively and strategically with team and business stakeholders to design process solutions which support corporate goals. Provide recommendations to enable sound business decisions.
- Keep clear and open communication in order to meet objectives
- Maintain and manage a register of business requests related to well life cycle system enhancements.
- Ensure business benefits / value is identified and accompanies business client requests
- Maintain existing and development of new process models/documentation as well as ensuring change management, communication and coordination of training
- Collaborate with Husky’s Information Service teams to identify and resolve technical issues to ensure continued operations of well life cycle business systems
- Be a steward of data integrity: work with the business to ensure data quality standards are set and maintained; escalate data integrity issues as required
- Gather and document business requirements for process or system enhancements or issues
- Facilitate user acceptance testing for change efforts to business systems
- Follow and utilize standard business analysis practices and templates to ensure consistency when providing business requirements and rules to technical staff
- Be open to receive coaching and mentoring from peer and senior staff members as well as provide coaching to junior members as required
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Related post-secondary degree or technical diploma with 6 – 8 years related work experience.
- Completed an industry-recognized Business Analyst Certificate
- Working knowledge of Upstream business, processes and well life cycle management systems (Peloton suite and CS Land)
- Broad knowledge of Mineral Land /Joint Venture and the CS Land system would be an asset
- Experience with Business Process Management software
- Experience with system implementations and integrations
- Knowledge of Business Architecture and Business Process Management methodologies and concepts
- Good understanding and working knowledge of various project management and business analysis methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Iterative and Hybrid-Agile
- Project management and presentation skills
- Change Management experience is required
- Intermediate level computer skills, including software and database management.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with oil and gas operational systems, well management systems, and standard reporting systems in a support or super user role
- Good understanding of data quality auditing, data queries, data modeling and data auditing tools
- A take-charge individual who can work both independently and collaboratively
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong customer service skills
- Be able to manage multiple priorities
- Able to work effectively with cross functional teams
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company.It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE.The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky's balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must apply online at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers.Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.