one of Canada's largest integrated
Co-op Student, Community & Social ImpactCalgary, Canada Apply Now
Job Title: Co-op Student, Community & Social Impact
Location: Calgary, AB
Start Date: May 7, 2019
Length of Term: 8 or 12 months
Business Unit: Corporate Affairs
Application Deadline: February 22, 2019 or once the position has been filled
- Working within the Corporate Affairs department, you will provide communications and overall project management support for the Community and Social Impact team.
- Assist with managing current and new Husky employee volunteering and fundraising programs including communications, marketing and event planning/logistics.
- Assist with the development of the marketing communications plan and execution of communication tactics for diverse internal and external community and social impact initiatives.
- Create and manage community content for the intranet and social media channels.
- Support project plan management, budgeting and reporting requirements.
- Currently enrolled in a third/fourth year post-secondary Business, Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications program with a required work term fulfillment
- Creative thinker
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills
- Strong consulting, analytic, strategic and planning skills with a focus on detail
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships
- Proven skills in effectively managing multiple tasks, often under pressure and time constraints
- Excellent organizations skills and experience with organizing events
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and the Canadian Press Style guide
- Experience in Microsoft Project and managing budgets an asset
- Experience in intranet and social media content publishing an asset
Benefits of a HuskyStudent Position:
- Opportunities to:
- take part in impactful business projects
- network with experienced professionals
- engage in a strong student network
- gain valuable exposure in the Oil and Gas industry
- Relevant experience in your field of study
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages
Pleasesubmit a resume and transcript. Applications without a recenttranscript will not be considered.
Studentsmoving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment toassist with relocation expenses.
New graduates are noteligible for student opportunities.
Please note that onlythose selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Husky, we respectdiversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and differentperspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this,individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and weencourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginalpeople, women, and persons with disabilities.
One of Husky’sadvantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From explorationto development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combinethis with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive workenvironment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training,mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you developboth personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer manyinternal leadership and business skills courses along with tuitionreimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significantnumber of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanksto our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.