one of Canada's largest integrated
Co-op Student, Project EngineeringCalgary, Canada Apply Now
Job Title: Co-op Student, ProjectEngineering
Location: Calgary, AB
Start Date: May 7, 2019
Length of Term: 12 or 16 months
Business Unit: Western Canada Production
Application Deadline: January 20, 2019 or once theposition has been filled
Key Responsibilities may involve:
- Learning and understanding of project management concepts including:
- Gated approach to project delivery
- Project scoping, planning/scheduling and cost estimating
- Risk analysis and alternative selection
- Procurement / contracting – planning, strategies and processes
- Progressing, cost tracking and forecasting
- Support Project Leads with Business Unit interfaces
- Support Project Leads as primary interface with Land, Regulatory, Procurement, Construction and other important project stakeholders during project execution
- Interface with external stakeholders including third party engineering, fabricators and contractors
- Technical learning and understanding of facilities and pipeline design concepts
- Technical learning and understanding of judicial (APEGA, etc), regulatory (AER, etc) and industry (ASME, etc) specifications and standards as well as Husky corporate standards.
- Support development/completion of project management and technical documentation required for successful project delivery
- Project site visits during scoping and construction phases
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary Co-op or Internship program
- Preference given to students studying Engineering
- Previous Project Management experience is an asset
- Previous engineering field experience is an asset
- Previous Oil and Gas experience is an asset
- Previous experience with regulatory and industry specifications is an asset
- Computer skills (MS Office and databases) are essential
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
·Take part inimpactful business projects
·Network with experiencedprofessionals
·Engage in a strongstudent network
·Gain valuableexposure to project management within the Oil and Gas industry
Pleasesubmit a resume and transcript. Applications without a recent transcriptwill not be considered.
Studentsmoving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment toassist with relocation expenses.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will becontacted.
At Husky, werespect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness anddifferent perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achievethis, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilitiesand we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities,Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
One of Husky’sadvantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From explorationto development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combinethis with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive workenvironment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training,mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you developboth personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer manyinternal leadership and business skills courses along with tuitionreimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significantnumber of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanksto our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.