one of Canada's largest integrated
Co-op Student, Software EngineeringCalgary, Canada Apply Now
Job Title: Co-op Student, Software Engineering
Location: Calgary, AB
Start Date: May 7, 2019
Length of Term: 12, or 16 months
Business Unit: Heavy Oil
Application Deadline: March 24, 2019 or once the position is filled
Reporting to the Project Controls Team Lead, the software engineer Co-op Student is responsible for the coding, mapping, innovative design and support of Husky thermal facilities projects team in transforming raw design data into defined data sets applicable for project cost estimate development. This assignment involves multiple data transfers from and to different applications and software (Web based design tools, MS access, MS excel, MS Power BI and general Project Controls tasks as required.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Develop well-designed Dataset for transferring and organizing raw web-based data from and to multiple software and tools.
- Develop and create relational database schemas, requesting data from various back-end services.
- Create/maintain documentation and provide research/analytics as required.
- Set up routine (and ad hoc) reports and visualization
- Project controls related tasks such as progress and cost report updates, Project reconciliation analysis and data gathering
- Must be currently enrolled in a co-op/internship program at a post-secondary institution
- Completed 3rd year engineering program, preference for Software Engineering
- Knowledge of Software Engineering principles;
- Familiarity with applicable industry codes and standards;
- Familiarity Programming SQL, DAX (Data Analysis expressions)
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated and results driven;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Has an aptitude for working in a team environment;
- Proficient with MS Office suite of applications and computer systems.
- take part in impactful business projects
- network with experienced professionals
- engage in a strong student network
- gain valuable exposure in the Oil and Gas industry
Relevant work experience in your field of study
Please submit a resume and transcript. Applications without a recent transcript will not be considered.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.