one of Canada's largest integrated
Sr IS Business PartnerCalgary, Canada Apply Now
- As a strategic thinker, the Sr IS Business Partner is an ambassador and operates as the primary/key owner of the relationship with specific internal business unit(s). Responsible for driving IS and business alignment, business strategic planning and enabling IS delivery to meet the strategic and tactical needs of its customers.
- Work with specific business unit(s) and IS support resources to capture an idea and ensure that IS has a deep understanding of business needs, objectives, and alignment to corporate strategy.
- Innovation and transformation are a key agenda for IS to meet the expectations of the business. The Sr IS Business Partner will be informed and often be required to provide thought leadership to help ascertain the right innovation and transformation projects with the client.
- Strong ability to set expectations with both the IS organization and the business, to align prioritization and effective use of resources by both parties to drive positive outcomes.
- Manage complex, difficult client issues and escalations across multiple stakeholders by following established procedures or precedents.
- Responsible for effective communication, this role is highly dependent on building great business relationships and following a quality communications plan tailored to each client. This includes translating business requirements into IS language and vice versa.
- The Sr IS Business Partner is accountable to following a proven strategic account management approach. In doing so identifying opportunities, driving delivery, measuring results, and achieving improvements over time. With a focus and emphasis on longer term strategy and planning.
- Driven by results this role is assessed on the ability to deliver value outcomes and that will involve engaging external resources and collaborating with industry to showcase best practice to stimulate continuous improvement opportunities between the business and IS.
- As an integral part of the IS organization this role requires a high sense of accountability and an ability to execute in an efficient and effective manner.
- Post-secondary degree in related discipline
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) would be an asset
- Certificates in Communications
- Formal Sales Training (SPIN, TAS, LAMP, Negotiate to Win)
- Strong business acumen, able to communicate in value, risk and cost terms
- Minimum 5+ years of strategic account management and/or program design experience with demonstrated progression of responsibility
- Experience with decision-making authority and ability to engage stakeholders in decision-making
- Proven track record of delivery in an outcome- or goal-driven environment
- Extensive experience articulating strategic business problems and providing detailed options, including complete business case analysis for executive consideration
- Proven internal and external influencing skills at senior and executive management levels
- Experience of working for a technology organization or within a technology driven environment
- Experience working with IS in the Energy and Resource sector
- Microsoft Office
- Strong business process and high-level technical knowledge; understands market opportunities, industry trends, and innovation opportunities
- Stakeholder Management
- Develops understanding of the core business and the value of the outcomes
- Experience in effectively interacting and communicating with IS partners and stakeholders
- Strong communication and negotiation skills; both written and verbal
- Understanding of IS principals, including lifecycle planning, estimating, architecture, project management, etc.
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.