one of Canada's largest integrated
Summer Student, Commercial and Development - TerminalsCalgary, Canada Apply Now
Job Title: Summer Student, Commercial and Development - Terminals
Location: Calgary, AB
Start Date: May 7, 2019
Length of Term: 4 months
Business Unit: Husky Midstream
Application Deadline: December 31, 2018 or once the position is filled
Key responsibilities may involve:
- Provide support to Commercial & Development Advisors tasked with developing marketing materials and presentations for internal and external users.
- Research into customer and market activities to support Commercial & Development Advisors.
Analytical Data Support:
- Provide timely data mining and analysis to support the budgetary process, project work, and other activities.
- Under direction of the Commercial & Development Advisors develop, modify, and maintain economic models for new and existing projects.
- Provide support to Commercial & Development Advisors tasked with completing the monthly invoicing and budgeting process for customer Pipeline and Terminal services.
- Maintain and update all required input fields within IPS (Pipeline's integrated management software system).
- Participate in the required monthly verification process.
Contract Management System:
- Update and input all new contracts into the IPS contract management system and HDMS (Husky Document Management System), thus improving financial and customer reporting, as well as creating opportunities for increased efficiencies.
·Must be returning to studies at a recognized post-secondary institution in the fall following the work term
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in commerce, management, finance, economics or equivalent.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Applications (Particularly Microsoft Excel)
- 0-1 years of relevant experience
- Strong communication, analytical and oral presentation skills
- Keen attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a stressful environment
- Superior organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Desire to work with internal stakeholders and external clients
·take part in impactful business projects
·network with experienced professionals
·engage in a strong student network
·gain valuable exposure in the Oil and Gas industry
Relevant work experience in your field of study
Please submit a resume and transcript. Applications without a recent transcript will not be considered.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.