one of Canada's largest integrated
Inventory AnalystColumbus, Ohio Apply Now
As an essential member of the Accounting Operations Team, the Inventory Analyst is responsible for the stock management control component of terminal operations. The key responsibility of this position is to ensure that processes are in place to effectively monitor and control all inventories via delivery and receipts modes - rail, pipeline, and truck. Coordination with personnel in Scheduling / Operations, Marketing and Customer Service, Refinery, Third parties (other Oil Companies) and Distribution Terminal staff are daily activities as this communication is crucial to effective inventory management. Also, Month end processes with pulling inventory numbers and valuation of inventory for entry into SAP system.
- Daily and Monthly terminal/pipeline reconciliation
- Analysis of abnormal stock loss/gain variations
- Preparation and submission of specific reports within established time frames
- Daily communication with Terminal staff, Schedulers/ operations regarding routine and abnormal issues
- Coordinate seasonal and specialized product adjustments
- Process product delivery corrections and adjustments
- Attention to detail and producing quality work in a timely manner
- Retention of information
- Level of accountability and ability to assume duties of higher complexity
- Participate as required in various month end close activities relating to Inventory Accounting and analysis.
- Backing up and cross trained on inventory and various operational accounting roles as required.
- Very fast paced environment need to meet deadlines in a timely manner and multi- task
- Making sure missing/disputed tickets are being resolved in a timely manner
- May perform other Ad Hoc analysis and or Accounting on a project basis as assigned
- Must have the legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- 5 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing industry, related analytical role required
- Knowledge of SAP, and Openlink software preferred
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required, especially excel
- Excellent analytical skills, specifically around data retrieval and interpretation
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management, independently setting priorities and goals
- Exercises sound judgment in decision making, demonstrating a clear understanding of issues involved
- Ability to troubleshoot basic process and system issues, making adjustments/corrections within delegated authorities
- Ability to work in a team environment to accomplish goals
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with other organizations within Husky and externally
- Ability to communicate with Husky business partner representatives in a professional manner
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.