one of Canada's largest integrated
Wholesales Sales AdvisorColumbus, Ohio Apply Now
- Builds relationships with customers and cultivates accounts into long-term customer alliances and continues to identify and promote opportunities for additional sales within the territory.
- Analyzes the opportunity, identifies the decision makers and procurement processes, researches the customer, partners of the customer and any history either may have had with Husky Energy Inc. and creates and develops solutions
- Actively identify and prospect for potential clients to develop and grow territory sales through market research, leads, and making cold calls.
- Partners with Wholesale Manager to understand/navigate customer and identify decision makers and work towards building “trusted-advisor” relationships with key decision makers
- Customer support, including tendering and negotiations of complex energy supply contracts, creation of analyses and reports
- Strong capability in building partnerships with wholesale customers and functional leaders in different businesses and shaping strategic agendas
- Ability to communicate persuasively internally to senior management and externally to customers owners/buyers.
- Assist with new market research gathering information on competitors, supply infrastructure, suppliers, and pricing dynamics
- Knowledge and understanding of the Buckeye, Sunoco, Marathon and Wolverine pipeline and terminal systems.
- Proposes solutions to customers formally (through pitches, presentations and tender submissions) and informally through networks, relationships, discussions
- Request and gather supply information (quantities by terminal and product) from prospective customers
- Ensure all account information is setup correctly for tax and billing purposes
- Serve as Primary Contact for customer for day to day supply allocation, loading, and billing issues.
- Ensure customer service quality, efficiency, and accuracy with all transactions. Resolve customer complaints in a friendly and tactful manner. Research and resolve complex customer issues.
- Submit new customer and / or new supply requests for supply and credit approvals.
- Interfaces with various departments including Credit, Accounting, Sales, and Supply to help support our team and customers, as needed.
- Respond to existing customers’ requests for invoicing, billing, tax, loading issues, setups, supply and product Information.
- Work with Wholesale Manager to monitor sales and margin information by customer and report any anomalies or problems
- Appreciation for teamwork, combined with an ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time effectively, handle multiple priorities, and work with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Communicates information related to industry trends, competitors, and projected future business.
- Prepares weekly call reports about weekly sales calls and opportunities.
- Attends industry sponsored trade shows and seminars.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years minimum of experience within sales of wholesale/petroleum products required.
- Knowledge and understanding of NYMEX, OPIS, Platts, and Argus and their use in pricing formulas.
- Understanding of regional Padd’s and how they affect Midwestern markets
- Ability to develop bid strategy for maximum profitability while maintaining competitive edge
- Highly competitive, professional; exhibits integrity, sense of urgency and innate sales skills
- Possess ability to sell value in a commodities industry
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company
- Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, composes, and edits written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, negotiating, writing and presentation skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Must be able to modify communication and presentation style in order to relate to a variety of people and personalities.
- Must be outgoing, self-directed, aggressive and creative to be able to identify and maximize opportunities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Must be a self-motivator.
- Ability to gather and disseminate competitive information.
- Must demonstrate sound business judgment.
- Knowledge and experience of Salesforce an advantage
- Experience with CRM or other computer based sales management tools
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must work well and complete tasks with little to no supervision
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Access and Outlook skills
- Perform other duties as required
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.