one of Canada's largest integrated
Operations AccountantDublin, Ohio Apply Now
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for an Operations Accountant in our Dublin, Ohio office.
Operations Accounting Role currently participates in completion of numerous transactions, accounts payable, account reconciliation, and documentation/administration in support of Husky Marketing & Supply business activities to include several pipelines and over 35 third party terminals.
Coordination and communication with personnel in Scheduling / Operations, Marketing and Customer Service, Refinery, 3rd parties (other Oil Companies) and Distribution Terminal staff are daily activities crucial to this function.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of an accounting team reconciling various assigned accounting transactions through the use of multiple systems, including RightAngle and SAP
- Processing various pipeline and 3rd party Purchase Payables with large amounts of data for Asphalt and Refined products
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process check requests with all required documentation, obtain approvals and identify any issues or discrepancies
- Liaison between marketing and the vendor and answers all vendor inquiries
- Maintains spreadsheets on missing BOL’s and outstanding invoices
- Vendor file maintenance for payables
- Assists in monthly closings
- Researching accounting issues, answering inquiries and following up with various departments and outside companies as necessary
- Performing various account reconciliations, as assigned and provide summary tracking of account reconciliation schedule
- Processing Journal Entries related to payables and various other Journal Entries and accruals as necessary
- Monitor and reconcile payables to ensure we are up to date
- Develops and maintains Accounting Desk Procedures and documentation for the Close Binder for operational accounting
- Will handle portions of close process for HMSC Operational Accounting by making sure all transactions are clean in RightAngle by working with the various personnel in the marketing department to resolve any errors or issues
- Backing up and cross trained on inventory and other operational accounting roles as required
- May perform other Ad Hoc analysis and accounting on a project basis as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree; Accounting or related degree preferred
- 2+ years of accounting and/or accounts payable experience in a manufacturing industry or related analytical role preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP and /or IFRS as necessary
- Strong computer skills used as a foundation to work with multiple system applications
- Experience using RightAngle, SAP R/3, BW, SMS and the SAP Financial module would be a definite asset
- Above average analytical skills in order to secure relevant information/data and identify key issues and relationships to determine appropriate course of action to rectify deficiencies
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders in an effective and professional manner
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals
- Ability to identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision
- Exceptional skills in effectively managing multiple tasks, often under pressure and within rigid time constraints
Husky Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky's balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must apply online at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.