one of Canada's largest integrated
Co-op Internship Student - Resource Gas (Edson)Edson, Canada Apply Now
Job Title: Co-op Student, Resource Gas
Location: Edson, AB
Start Date: September 3, 2019
Length of Term: 8, 12, or 16 months
Business Unit: Projects & Operations – Gas Resource
Application Deadline: May 20, 2019 or once the position has been filled
- Prepare, execute and/or assistOperations engineers with Management of Change (MOC) or projects anddocumentation.
- Support the Production / Project /Development Engineers on larger district projects
- Interact during project planning andexecution with other stakeholder groups including Drilling, Completions, Reservoir,Production & Development Engineering
- Assist with operating integrityinitiatives (pipeline integrity, facility inspections, regulatory requirementactions, etc.)
- Participate in Hazard Reviews, andprocess safety discussions
- Support local maintenance,operations and safety teams with engineering issues if requested
- Interface with the Calgaryproduction engineering team
- Day-to-Day maintenance andoperations support
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondaryCo-op or Internship program
- Preference given to studentsstudying Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, or Petroleum preferred)
- Preference given to students intheir 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study
- Computer skills (MS Office) areessential
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently withguidance required
- Previous oil and gas experiencewould be considered an asset
- take part in impactfulbusiness projects
- network with experiencedprofessionals
- engage in a strongstudent network
- gain valuable exposurein the Oil and Gas industry
Please submit a resume and transcript withapplication. Applications without recent transcripts will not be considered.
This is a safety sensitive role and as such youwill also be required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) duringrequired work hours. Furthermore, you will also be required to pass the Huskypre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements.
This position requires the incumbent to operatea vehicle for which a valid Class 5 driver's license is required as a minimum.For Alberta residents, this requires the successful completion of an AdvancedRoad Test under the Graduated Licensing Program. If you are selected for aninterview you will be required to submit a copy of a recent driver's abstract.The final candidate(s) will be required to provide a recent original driver'sabstract for a 5 year period, 30 days prior to starting work with Husky, forreview by our Health and Safety group.
Students moving fortheir work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist withrelocation expenses.
Candidates must havetheir own means of transportation as there is no public transportation in fieldlocations.
New graduates are not eligible for studentopportunities.
Please note that only those selected for aninterview will be contacted.
AtHusky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We valueuniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in oursuccess. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications,merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone includingvisible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are anintegrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production,refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learningand development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you arewell-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and careerdevelopment programs and resources to help you develop both personally andprofessionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadershipand business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs forqualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are ableto take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-onlearning and development.
QualificationsPlease see description above.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.