one of Canada's largest integrated
Asset Care Engineering Co-Op (Fall 2019)Lima, Ohio Apply Now
The Husky EnergyLima Refining Company produces approximately two billion gallons of refinedpetroleum products annually, including jet fuel, diesel, and about 25% ofOhio’s gasoline supply. The Refinery has been in operation since 1886 and wasacquired by Husky Energy in 2007. Husky is one of Canada’s largest integratedenergy companies and is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Publicly traded onthe Toronto Stock Exchange, the company operates worldwide with Upstream andDownstream business segments. The Lima Refinery represents a significant partof Husky’s strategy to remain an integrated energy business.
The Lima Refineryhas a challenging and rewarding opportunity available for an Asset Care Engineering Co-op (Fall 2019).This position is open to post-secondarystudents who are interested in gaining experience in the oil and gasindustry.Recent graduates are noteligible for this opportunity.
The Asset CareEngineering Co-op provides technical assistance to support the Asset Careequipment reliability program for the site.Primary efforts will be directed for supporting the program initiatesfocused on equipment reliability and performance.The candidate will perform engineeringanalysis, drawing research, technical data gathering and field surveys.You will be expected to gain familiarity withequipment performance objectives and support development of program reliabilityimprovements.
This is an excellentopportunity to build upon your technical expertise and experience to:
- Develop understanding of equipment functionality and how to build a process to prevent equipment failures.
- Develop troubleshooting skills by supporting Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) reviews.
- Perform field verification and data gathering for critical equipment.
- Work with SAP and Meridium software to review and analyze equipment reliability data.
- Support Bill of Material development for critical equipment.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Active attendance in a four-year undergraduate Mechanical Engineering degree required
- Must have strong oral communication skills, active listening skills and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to multitask and be working on multiple initiatives.
- Ability to manage large amounts of data through spreadsheets.
- Completion of at least the sophomore year of engineering college/university is preferred.
Employmentof a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional uponsuccessful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drugassessments.
The Lima RefiningCompany is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability or veteran status, sexual orientation or genderidentity.
Interested candidates must apply online at https://jobs.huskyenergy.com/. Onlythose candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can beconsidered.
Students movingfor their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assistwith relocation expenses.
New graduates arenot eligible for student opportunities.
Please note thatonly those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.