one of Canada's largest integrated
Director, Refinery OperationsLima, Ohio Apply Now
- Direct processes to continuously improve safety and operational integrity within the business unit and across the organization.
- Ensure safety and operational integrity systems are effectively implemented throughout the facility.
- Customize Husky Operational Integrity Management System (HOIMS) elements to fit business unit operations and ensure the protection of employees, contractors, assets, and the environment.
- Develop implementation plans and monitor safety management indicators to ensure compliance with all standards and practices.
- Participate in serious incident investigations.
- Provide leadership and direction to Refinery Operations, ensuring production efficiency and fiscal restraint.
- Provide direction to assigned BU's supporting facility reliability, operational integrity, meeting regulatory requirements and environment/asset/employee/general public protection.
- Within the position’s established level of authority, develop and manage annual budgets that support the provision of adequate operational and capital expenditures, including Complex Maintenance and control expenses, to achieve business unit objectives.
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and increase efficiencies that maximize production and profitability. Coordinate troubleshooting of major refinery operating problems.
- Integrate the support of all Refinery internal business unit groups and external allocated resources, ensuring they are fully aligned and collaborating to meet unit goals.
- Provide business unit leadership to effectively manage the workforce, maximize team effectiveness, and deliver on performance contracts.
- Ensure talent management and workforce planning activities are aligned with current strategies.
- Coach, develop and train staff, recognizing their expertise and contribution to the work of the business unit.
- Oversee the development and implementation of training and career development programs to ensure that they align with operational requirements and Husky’s strategic objectives.
- Represent the Company in Union meetings, issue discussions and manage union contract issues.
- Participate in the development and establishment of business unit strategies, operating objectives, policies and procedures in conjunction with the Lima Refinery senior leadership team. This position ensures communication and collaboration between business units to manage projects and production/product disruptions.
- Foster relationships with industry peers, government, contractors, and vendors to gather information on emerging trends and products to promote Husky’s and/or the business unit’s strategies. Act as a key contact during emergency situations, public inquiries, labor disputes, etc.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.