one of Canada's largest integrated
ElectricianLima, Ohio Apply Now
Husky is currently looking for an Electrician for our Lima, Ohio Refinery.
The Electrician is responsible for the repair, maintenance and installation of electrical systems and equipment such as motors, switchgear, transformers, wiring and alarm systems. An understanding of the risk and confidence to work on high voltage (35KV) situations is a must for this position. The electrician must be willing to work overtime as needed.
The duties for this position will be performed in an outdoor process facility under the direction of the Maintenance Department. Skills must be demonstrated prior to the job being awarded.
- Work with operations and engineering to ensure process additions or changes are well coordinated and documented among all stakeholders.
- Ensure the electrical systems are operated effectively, accurately and comprehensively.
- Maintain electrical system documentation, including Management of Change (MOC), single line drawings, schematic drawings, elevation drawings, databases, and equipment manuals.
- Calibrate, test, troubleshoot and install electrical and control equipment; as well as performing other preventative/predicative maintenance and inspections on equipment.
- Identify electrical needs including the selection and installation of new or replacement of existing electrical equipment.
- Responsible for following all safety policies and guidelines as established by Husky Energy and the Lima Refinery.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment including active participation in monthly Safety Meetings.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) and work effectively with all levels of site personnel.
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical Degree
- Journeyman Certification
- 5 years of experience in design or maintenance of electrical equipment in a manufacturing/plant environment
- 3-5 years of experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience in the petrochemical industry.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Experience in SAP or other business enterprise software.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in the following areas: OHM'S Law, electrical calculations, operation of electromechanical and solid state devices, ladder logic schematics, single line diagrams to use as a troubleshooting tool, PLC's, use of VOM/DVOM, Ammeter, Megger, Hypot, cable/motor testing equipment.
- Competency in repairing or replacement of components such as starters, lights, pulling cable, motors, electrical interlocks, reversing starters, UPS Systems, overload relays, and breakers.
- Must be able to work out of lift type equipment (such as a bucket truck, scissors lifts) on high voltage devices and equipment.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Follow procedures and practices (safe work, hot work, confined spaces, etc.).
- Able to perform trade mathematics.
- Have basic mechanical aptitude.
- Must be willing to improve their skills through training and learning of new technologies.
- Ability to think logically.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.