one of Canada's largest integrated
Process EngineerLima, Ohio Apply Now
The Husky Energy Lima Refinery produces approximately two billion gallons of refined petroleum products annually, including jet fuel, diesel, and about 25% of Ohio’s gasoline supply. The Refinery has been in operation since 1886 and was acquired by Husky Energy in 2007. Husky is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy companies and is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange, the company operates worldwide with Upstream and Downstream business segments. The Lima Refinery represents a significant part of Husky’s strategy to remain an integrated energy business.
- Monitoring assigned process unit key performance indicators (KPI's), conducting appropriate tests, analyzing data and recommending changes to improve profitability.
- Preparing quarterly KPI reports for all assigned process units.
- Providing technical assistance to Operations relative to troubleshooting operating problems, developing alternative solutions and promoting acceptance of the best alternative.
- Coordinating fixed bed catalyst change outs for the assigned process units.
- Supporting the Refinery Process Safety Management (PSM) program including participation in unit HAZOPS, Piping & Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) Reviews, Risk Management Plan (RMP), Project Safety Reviews (PSR's), and Management of Change (MOC) meetings.
- Liaising with corporate technical staff, outside contractors, chemical and catalyst vendors and suppliers.
- Keeping management informed of project status and other key activities as requested.
- Studying technical reports and published information to keep abreast of latest technical developments and confers with licensors as appropriate.
- Attending outside training seminars and industry conferences as appropriate.
- Working on-call on a 24 hour basis for unusual process operations, maintenance or other emergencies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering
- Designation as a "Professional Engineer" would be an asset, as would membership with the American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- 5-10+ years of refinery process unit engineering experience is preferred
- Previous experience in implementing Process Safety Management (PSM) programs would be a definite asset
- Experience with HYSIS process simulation tools, Hazards and Operability Studies (HAZOPS), and Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) would be beneficial
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to set priorities and work in a multi-task environment
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and apply new technologies
- Possess knowledge in and experience with safe work practices in an oil refinery environment accompanied by a superior safety attitude
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups
- Able to maintain effectiveness in a fast-paced and changing environment, and with different tasks, responsibilities, and people
- Possess superior analytical skills to identify key issues based on relevant data and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations
- Proven ability to coach/mentor new engineers work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals, and to identify and resolve problems
- Improves existing processes and focuses on continuous improvement initiatives
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.