The Husky Energy Lima Refining Company produces approximately two billion gallons of refined petroleum products annually, including jet fuel, diesel, and about 25% of Ohio’s gasoline supply. The Refinery has been in operation since 1886 and was acquired by Husky Energy in 2007. Husky is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy companies and is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange, the company operates worldwide with Upstream and Downstream business segments. The Lima Refinery represents a significant part of Husky’s strategy to remain an integrated energy business.
The Lima Refinery has a challenging and rewarding opportunity available for a Project Engineering Co-op (Spring 2019). Length of Term: January 2019 through May 2019. This position is open to post-secondary students who are interested in gaining experience in the oil and gas industry. Recent graduates are not eligible for this opportunity.
The Project Engineering Co-op provides technical assistance for the execution of capital improvement projects. Primary efforts will be directed toward field engineering support on ongoing project construction. Additional assistance will be required in project data research and verification for projects in the engineering phase. The candidate will perform engineering analysis, drawing research, technical data gathering and field surveys. You will be expected to gain familiarity with the assigned projects and develop working relationships with the project engineering personnel. Outside contacts could include engineering firms, construction contractors and equipment suppliers.
This is an excellent opportunity to build upon your technical expertise and experience to:
- Develop engineering troubleshooting skills.
- Assist project engineers with designs of less complex equipment such as piping, pumps, heat exchangers, tanks, etc.
- Providing data for engineering, procurement and construction of capital projects.
- Apply hands on project management.
- Maintaining and developing cost budgets and schedules for projects.
- Oversee on-site construction and commissioning of engineering projects.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Active attendance in a four year Civil or Mechanical Engineering degree required
- Minimum of one year of engineering is required with at least two years preferred.
- Computer word processing and spreadsheet experience is required.
- Must have strong oral communication skills, active listening skills and excellent writing skills.
- Completion of at least the sophomore year of engineering college/university is preferred.
Employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.
The Lima Refining Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Interested candidates must apply online. Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can be considered.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.