one of Canada's largest integrated
Sr Staff Process EngineerLima, Ohio Apply Now
- Monitor assigned process unit key performance indicators (KPI's), conduct appropriate tests, analyze data and recommend changes to improve profitability, including preparation of quarterly KPI reports for all assigned process units.
- Act as a project leader on assigned capital and expense projects from conceptual design to detailed engineering. May include continuing as project leader until project completion.
- Responsible for coordination of fixed bed catalyst change outs for assigned process units.
- Provide technical assistance to Operations relative to troubleshooting operating problems, developing alternative solutions and promoting acceptance of the best alternative.
- Keep abreast of latest technical developments.
- Actively identify new areas for learning, regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities.
- Support the Refinery Process Safety Management (PSM) program including participation in unit HAZOPS, Piping & Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) Reviews, Risk Management Plan (RMP), Project Safety Reviews (PSR's), and Management of Change (MOC) meetings.
- Liaise with corporate technical staff, specified Business Units, and external contractors, vendors and suppliers to develop, review and implement operating plans, ensuring outcomes meet current and future business needs.
- Inform Management of project status and other key activities as requested.
- Prepare project-related documents such as AFE requests, MOC requests, RFQ technical specifications, etc. to ensure project success.
- Respond to ad hoc requests and participate in ad hoc projects as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of refinery process unit engineering experience
- Experience with HYSIS process simulation tools, Hazards and Operability Studies (HAZOPS), and Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Possess knowledge in and experience with safe work practices in an oil refinery environment accompanied by a superior safety attitude
- Professional Engineer License
- Membership with the American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Project Management experience
- Previous experience in implementing Process Safety Management (PSM) programs
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Desktop Applications with emphasis on Excel
- Experience with SAP or other Business Enterprise Software
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and apply new technologies
- Ability to set priorities and work in a multi-task environment
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups
- Able to maintain effectiveness in a fast-paced and changing environment, and with different tasks, responsibilities, and people
- Possess superior analytical skills to identify key issues based on relevant data and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals, and to identify and resolve problems
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.