one of Canada's largest integrated
Staff Instrumentation Reliability EngineerLima, Ohio Apply Now
The Senior Instrumentation Reliability Engineer also provides technical and leadership support to the Turnaround Group as needed.
- Manage capital and maintenance reliability projects and reliability items as individual projects, as well as with other engineers' instrumentation project needs, providing technical expertise on refinery instrumentation specifications and deviations.
- Responsible for developing solutions to complex problems which require ingenuity and creativity.
- Provide instrumentation technical support to others throughout the refinery as needed
- Identify and implement improvement ideas to improve operational performance, increase availability and reduce costs.
- Provide leadership and decision making skills during turnarounds and unplanned equipment outages regarding repair solutions.
- Lead the Instrumentation Reliability Engineers with improving instrumentation reliability performance, identifying improvements on instrument design and implementations.
- Ensure timely training of appropriate personnel regarding improvements/changes to instrumentation system(s) to certify safe and successful implementation.
- Ensure timely updating of associated documentation.
- Perform technical and economic analyses to justify improvements and recommend priorities.
- Assist area maintenance supervisors to improve unit reliabilities through maintenance work.
- Supervise and interact with hourly instrument/analyzer shop employees as needed, as well as vendors and contractors, providing direction, support and feedback as necessary to accomplish departmental and company goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Maintain an efficient and safe work environment, following all safety policies and guidelines as established by Husky Energy and the LRC.
- Actively participate in monthly Safety Meetings.
- Support the Refinery Process Safety Management (PSM) program including Process Safety
- Reviews (PSR's), Hazard Analysis (HAZOP) and Management of Change (MOC's) and is available as instrumentation engineering expert for the LRC.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Instrumentation)
- Professional Engineer License
- Project Management Professional Certification
- ISA CCST Certification and/or NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies) Industrial Instrument Certification.
- A minimum of ten years of relevant instrumentation or controls experience.
- Working knowledge of ISA Standards including ISA 84 (process safety standard)
- Experience with instrumentation and controls equipment selection and design for petroleum industry applications
- A minimum of ten years of applicable experience in the petroleum industry, preferably in oil and gas operations.
- Experience with instrumentation and controls equipment selection and design for petroleum industry applications.
- Good PC Skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- PLC/SIS experience
- Applications/Systems programming and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with design and installation of field instrumentation, ability to develop and understand loop drawings.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.