one of Canada's largest integrated
Co-op Internship Student, Corrosion ServicesLloydminster, Canada Apply Now
Job Title: Co-op Student, Corrosion Services
Location: Lloydminster, SK
Start Date: May 7, 2019
Length of Term: 12 or 16 months
Business Unit: Heavy Oil and Gas
Application Deadline: January 23, 2019 or once the position hasbeen filled
Key Responsibilities may involve:
- Working incollaboration with field operations and corrosion services staff in developmentand implementation of effective corrosion mitigation, monitoring and inspectionprograms for facility equipment and pipelines
- Providerecommendations for changes to equipment, process and operational practices, orfor future design considerations
- Assisting withcathodic protection surveys of underground pipelines and facility equipment,reviewing survey reports and assisting in generating recommendations for systemenhancement or repairs
- Provideassistance in conducting root cause failure analysis and proactive integrityassessments for various types of pressure equipment, including piping, valvesand pipelines
- Generatingreports and documenting failure investigations and integrity assessments
- Must becurrently enrolled in a co-op/internship program with your post-secondaryinstitution
- Strong academicbackground in Chemical, Mechanical or Materials Engineering
- A focus onchemical treatment, materials science or metallurgy would be considered anasset
- Completion of 3rdyear preferred
- Previous experience in the petroleum, chemical processing or pulp andpaper industries would be considered an asset
- Knowledge ofindustry Codes, Standards, Regulations and Acts. A basic understanding of CSAZ662 - Oil and Gas Pipeline System would be highly desirable.
- Strong computerskills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Effectivewritten and oral communication skills
- Strong attitudefor carrying out all work in a safe, responsible manner while following safework practices
- Ability to workindependently and in a team environment
- Ability tosimultaneously manage a variety of work tasks and priorities
- Stronginterpersonal and organizational skills
- Must hold avalid driver's license
Benefits of a Husky StudentPosition:
- take part in impactful businessprojects
- network with experiencedprofessionals
- engage in a strong student network
- gain valuable exposure in the Oiland Gas industry
Relevant experience in yourfield of study
Please submit resume, coverletter, transcript, & confirmation of enrolment in a co-op/internshipprogram (ex. transcript stating co-op enrolment, letter from co-op coordinator)
Applications without arecent transcript will not be considered.
This is a safety sensitive role andas such you will also be required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) during required work hours. Furthermore, you will also be required topass the Husky pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements.
As this position requires theoperation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e.issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver’s abstract, for thepreceding 5 year period, if offered the position. A valid Canadian class 5Drivers License with no restrictions (i.e. non GDL) is a requirement for thisrole.
Students moving for their work term may beeligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
Candidates must have their own means of transportation as there is no publictransportation in field locations.
New graduates are not eligible forstudent opportunities.
Please note that only those selectedfor an interview will be contacted.
At Husky, we respectdiversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and differentperspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this,individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and weencourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginalpeople, women, and persons with disabilities.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are anintegrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production,refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learningand development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you arewell-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and careerdevelopment programs and resources to help you develop both personally andprofessionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadershipand business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs forqualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are ableto take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-onlearning and development.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.