one of Canada's largest integrated
Co-op Student, Indigenous & Community RelationsLloydminster, Canada Apply Now
Job Title: Co-op Student, Indigenous and Community Relations
Location: Lloydminster, SK
Start Date: January 8, 2019
Length of Term: 8 months
Business Unit: Corporate Affairs
The Corporate Affairs Team within Husky Energyis seeking one Co-op student who is majoring in a liberal arts or businessprogram to work at Husky’s Lloydminster, Saskatchewan office. The positionwould support the Heavy Oil and Gas, Downstream and Pipeline Business Units.The ideal candidate will work closely with the Community Relations SeniorAdvisor based in Lloydminster, and numerous internal stakeholders who work inthe various business units. The candidate will be involved in supporting thedevelopment of community/Indigenous/stakeholder benchmarking and research, andwill support engagement on new projects and operations.
KeyResponsibilities may involve:
- Research, analyze and produce detailed community/Indigenous/stakeholder profiles, including internal contacts for each external group.
- Assist with document management and keeping detailed engagement records for submission to support regulatory applications.
- Support the Lloydminster area engagement framework, including research, planning, budget preparation and coordination of events, and program evaluation.
- Support administration of engagement programs and economic development initiatives with stakeholders.
- Collect and asses feedback regarding community issues that could impact business strategies and/or operations.
Otheradministrative functions as required.
- Must be enrolled in a co-op/internship program at a post-secondary institution, with a focus in social science, Indigenous studies, international relations, business or other relevant field (stakeholder, community relations or regulatory)
- Completed 2nd or 3rd year post-secondary program.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel. Power Point).
- Analytical, proactive, willing to learn and attention to details.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Key Personnel internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work requests and meet deadlines based on overall understanding of business impacts.
Benefits of a Husky Summer Student Position:
- Opportunities to:
- take part in impactful business projects
- network with experienced professionals
- engage in a strong student network
- gain valuable exposure in the Oil and Gas industry
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages
Please submit a resume and transcript with application.
Please note: Applications without recent transcripts will not be considered.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Husky Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion which is leveraged for an innovative and productive work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women and people with disability.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.