one of Canada's largest integrated
Co-op Student, Thermal EngineeringLloydminster, Canada Apply Now
Job Title: Co-op Student, Engineering – Thermal
Location Lloydminster, SK
Start Date: September 3, 2019
Length of Term: 8 or 12 months
Business Unit: Heavy Oil
Application Deadline: May 20, 2019 or once the position is filled
The successful candidate will work closely with experienced engineers tolearn about thermal production engineering.
Key Responsibilities may involve:
- Gather and analyze production data through programs such as PVR, wellview, and Spotfire
- Prepare service rig request packages for approval - includes recommendation, well history, and economics
- Prepare Approval for Expenditure (AFE) packages for approval of expense projects (ie. well optimization and equipment upgrades)
- Assist Production Engineers in preparation of annual production/ operating cost budget
- Assist production engineers in weekly and monthly production reporting and analysis
- Conduct project feasibility studies and economic evaluations
- Perform rod string design calculations and pump design recommendations
- Support the Production/ Project Engineers on district projects
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary Co-op or Internship program
- Strong academic background in Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum engineering
- Preference given to students in their 3rd or 4th year of study
- Previous oil and gas experience would be considered an asset
- Experience in presenting would be considered an asset
- Computer skills (MS Office and databases) are essential
- Able to effectively collaborate and communicate within team settings
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
·take part inimpactful business projects
·network with experiencedprofessionals
·engage in a strongstudent network
·gain valuableexposure in the Oil and Gas industry
·Relevant workexperience in your field of study
Pleasesubmit a resume and transcript. Applications without a recent transcriptwill not be considered.
This is a safety sensitive role and as such you will also berequired to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during required workhours. Furthermore, you will also be required to pass the Husky pre-employmentmedical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements.
As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle,applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e. issued within the previous 4weeks) original driver’s abstract, for the preceding 5 year period, if offeredthe position. A valid Canadian class 5 Drivers License with no restrictions(i.e. non GDL) is a requirement for this role.
Studentsmoving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment toassist with relocation expenses.
Candidatesmust have their own means of transportation as there is no publictransportation in field locations.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will becontacted.
At Husky, werespect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness anddifferent perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achievethis, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilitiesand we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities,Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
One of Husky’sadvantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From explorationto development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combinethis with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive workenvironment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training,mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you developboth personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer manyinternal leadership and business skills courses along with tuitionreimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significantnumber of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanksto our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Please see the above description.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.