one of Canada's largest integrated
Corrosion Engineer/TechnologistLloydminster, Canada Apply Now
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for a Corrosion Engineer or Technologist. This position is responsible for corrosion management for the Lloyd Thermal SAGD facilities in Husky’s Heavy Oil and Gas business unit. Specific responsibilities include development and implementation of corrosion monitoring and mitigation plans, performing corrosion evaluations and failure analyses, and supporting Husky’s RBIM program.
- Analyzing various plant process streams and developing and maintaining corrosion management plans for Thermal SAGD facilities
- Performing and documenting corrosion evaluations, occasionally working with third party labs to conduct detailed analyses
- Participating in or conducting failure analyses for equipment failures and writing formal reports
- Providing practical recommendations to help prevent future failures
- Reviewing construction work packages and designs to identify potential corrosion issues
- Participating in Management of Change reviews for changes to facility equipment, processes or operational practices
- Updating corrosion control documents and associated corrosion circuit diagrams and integrity operating windows
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A degree in mechanical, materials, metallurgical or chemical engineering (or other relevant discipline) with a focus on corrosion.
- A diploma or degree in Corrosion Science, Chemistry or other relevant discipline would be considered an asset.
- A Licensed Professional Engineer in Alberta or Saskatchewan, or eligibility for registration in either province would be considered an asset
- NACE Corrosion Technologist or NACE Internal Corrosion Technologist certification
- Other relevant NACE certifications, including Senior and Specialist-level certifications would be considered an asset.
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and abilities:
- 5 years developing corrosion management plans and conducting corrosion monitoring activities including corrosion evaluations and failure analyses
- 5 years of experience working in upstream or downstream oil and gas facilities (Thermal/SAGD experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of internal & external corrosion mechanisms common to upstream oil & gas industry and mitigation strategies
- Working knowledge of direct and indirect corrosion monitoring methods
- Familiar with oil & gas facility design, operation and maintenance, preferably Thermal/SAGD recovery
- Strong, effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with operations personnel
As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.
This position is based in Lloydminster and requires the successful candidate to live in the Lloydminster area. We encourage all applicants to review the following websites about living and working in the Lloydminster area:
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky's balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must apply online at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.