one of Canada's largest integrated
ERP/Safety Advisor - Husky Lloydminster UpgraderLloydminster, Canada Apply Now
- Provide coaching, mentoring and technical support in the area of Health, Safety and Emergency Response including interpretation, development and application of applicable procedures, practices, codes, standards, and regulations.
- Co-ordination of Industrial Hygiene programs including chemical safety and hearing conservation. Advisors will be expected to assist and support peers and other areas of operation as required.
- Act in the capacity of site Process Steward for Husky's Operational Integrity Management System (HOIMS) Element 4 (Emergency Preparedness). Maintain the site Emergency Response Plan(s) to ensure preparedness and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for the management, scheduling, planning and execution of the site Emergency Response exercises
- Provide Occupational Health and Safety support to HLU facility
- Liaise and work closely with peers in Corporate departments, other business units and outside authorities / regulatory agencies. Assist corporate action teams on specific Health, Safety and Emergency Response (HS&ER) programs and other HOIMS related development and implementation work as required
- Coordinate and supervise site security personnel and maintain 3rd party service contract.
- Provide expertise and consultation to the business unit in the area of Transport Canada and TDG regulations and requirements.
- Responsible to complete post incident Emergency Response debriefs, summarize learning’s and provide reports / presentations.
- Support and assist with the ongoing maintenance and updating of the site Health and Safety Procedures Manual and the site Securities Procedures Manual.
- Lead or support audits and worksite inspections to ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Emergency Response programs (HS&ER) and procedures
- Assist with the development and delivery of monthly safety themes and presentations.
- Attend safety, execution or operational meetings and inspections for assigned areas of responsibility
- Complies with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this Position's responsibilities
- Successfully completed a related diploma or certificate program (i.e. health & safety, emergency response, industrial hygiene, environmental)
- Designation as a certified safety or emergency response professional or willing and eligible to pursue training and certification. Eligibility for membership in the International Association of Emergency Mangers is preferred
- Successfully completed related training courses such as emergency response or incident command training, OH&S Level 1/2, incident investigation methods (RCFA, Tap Root, etc.), risk or hazard assessment processes
- Valid Class 5 Driver's license
- 5+ years of industrial experience preferably in a plant environment
- A minimum of 3+ years in a Health, Safety, Emergency Response or related role
- Working knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor, motivate and develop personnel
- Experience working in the Emergency Response / Dangerous Goods / HAZMAT sector is required, with experience and/or training as a Public Service Responder (firefighter, police officer, etc.) considered an asset
- Familiar with and working knowledge of Transport Canada and TDG regulations
- Very good PC skills including Microsoft family of software, experience with corporate database applications would be an asset
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations, other legislative requirements, industry standards and best practices
- Experience in developing and implementing new processes and procedures
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.