one of Canada's largest integrated
Field Pipeline OperatorLloydminster, Canada Apply Now
- Inspect daily the operating facilities within the area of responsibility. Maintain a log of operating activities / conditions at each site. Respond to shutdowns and alarms at facilities, either solving the problem or calling in appropriate maintenance support personnel. Perform daily checks on product quality (density and S&W). Ensure all regulatory reporting occurs in a timely manner.
- Initiate work requests and call-outs to Maintenance personnel to sustain operations. Issue work authorization / hazard assessments to maintenance and construction personnel working in the operating facility. Identify root causes and/or solutions for abnormal situations, provide suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure periodic preventative maintenance activities are completed on mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation equipment. The activities are designated on the PM - RACI chart
- Provide point of contact for third party operators / shippers in the area of responsibility. Provide field supervision of third party pipeline crossings and complete required paperwork. Line locate underground Pipeline facilities as required.
- Provide notification to the area Operations Coordinator of operating cost impacts. If required, attend the monthly operating cost review meeting and identify any variances.
- Completion of applicable modules of the Operator training program. Ensure appropriate operating procedures are reviewed and adhered to. Complete on a timely basis annual reviews of operating procedures and training modules as assigned.
- Participate in the design reviews and HAZOP’s for capital and maintenance projects. Interface with Construction site representatives to coordinate work in operating areas. Manage commissioning of new facilities and assist with construction activities as required (co-ordination of shutdowns, preparing equipment for turnover to Construction, etc).
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Secondary technical diploma such as GPO, HOOT or Fourth Class Steam Engineer certification ia an asset
- Journeyman designation is an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Safety and Regulatory - First aid, AED, CPR/A, Confine space, Detect & Control flammable subst, ERP Orientation (WBT), ESCOP awareness, Fall Protection, Fire extinguisher, Fleet vehicle operate, H2S alive, Husky specific Ground Disturbance, ICS (WBT), Inds Ground Disturbance, line Locating, MOC, Omnisafe, Permits, Platform-mobile elevated (work platform), SCBA Facepiece fit & Self contain breathing app, Site orientation (Lloyd), TDg, WHMIS, Husky Mandatory training, etc
- Complete Pipeline specific operator training modules
- 0 – 7 plus years related industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a logical manner
- Strong communication, organizational, and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrated self-motivation and willingness to accept increased operational responsibilities
- Demonstrated mechanical or electrical aptitude and analytical troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with computer based control systems
- Computer skills including experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and SAP
- Demonstrated safety awareness and industry recognized safety training
As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e., issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver’s abstract for the preceding 5 year period when appearing for an interview
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.