one of Canada's largest integrated
Pipeline Control Room OperatorLloydminster, Canada Apply Now
- Continual and diligent system surveillance, monitoring flow, pressure, temperature and tank levels of blend oil and condensate at remote locations and terminals in a safe and efficient manner.
- Recognize and respond to emergency or abnormal conditions on the pipeline systems.
- Properly document situations and events throughout the shift and ensure that detailed shift handovers are completed.
- Make decisions on all normal operating requirements and include changes as required.
- Interface with 3rd party shippers, truck pipelines, pipeline field operations, business unit personnel, production operations, and the Husky Refinery and Upgrader control room operators.
- Assist in the review and updates of procedures, policies, and training materials.
- Monitor volumetric balancing software and leak detection software and react to abnormal situations as outlined in the Control Room Management Plan.
- Assist other departments with scheduling operating and maintenance activities.
- Maintain a daily shift log to document Control Center and field activities throughout the shift in order to relay all essential information to subsequent shift personnel.
- Work with field operations to maximize throughput. This includes coordination between the groups during equipment and pipeline outages.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent is required
- Secondary Technical Diploma in the Oil and Gas industry
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (Alberta or Saskatchewan)
- Certified Journeyman designation (Mechanical, Electrical, or equivalent)
- GPO or 4th Class Steam Engineer certification
- Completion of Standard oil industry safety and regulatory training
- Completion of Pipeline Specific Control Room Operator training modules (see supervisor for more details)
- Experience with shift work and ability to work alone for extended periods of time
- Experience in pipeline and/or terminal operations
- Familiarity with HMI and/or computer-based control systems
- Minimum 6 months of entry level experience in pipeline and/or terminal operations
- Demonstrated mechanical or electrical aptitude and analytical troubleshooting skills
- Keen safety awareness and knowledge of safe work procedures.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrated self-motivation and willingness to accept increased operational responsibilities
- Excellent computer skills including experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and SAP
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a logical manner is required
- A high level of attention to detail
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.