one of Canada's largest integrated
Reliability TechnologistLloydminster, Canada Apply Now
- Develops an overall instrumentation reliability improvement plan with metrics linked to Plant Cost and Asset Maintenance KPIs
- Works in collaboration with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering to optimize operating costs and enhance availability of assets
- Evaluates and identifies new technologies or inspection procedures to replace current problematic instrumentation controls, sensors, drives and electrical equipment and inspection strategies that will improve overall long term plant asset reliability
- Reviews downtime data history to identify trends and repeat events leading up to failures as part of the methodology identifying root causes of failures in equipment
- Works with operations and maintenance personnel to resolve production losses due to equipment failures; facilitate root cause failure analysis (RCFA) and develop strategies to prevent reoccurrence of failures
- Uses FMEA process on select equipment. Prepare implementation plans to reduce failure frequency and severity. Track and measure progress using historical and current data.
- Establishes and monitors key performance indicators for Electrical and Instrumentation assets
- Provides guidance on optimal inventory levels
- Assists in the financial justification of asset reliability upgrades and improvements using life cycle costing
- Electrical/Instrumentation Technologist diploma/Journeyman from an accredited institution
- Certified Engineering Technologist designation or is eligible for designation that is recognized by SASTT or ASET is an asset
- Minimum of 10 year’s related maintenance and reliability experience of Instrumentation/electrical assets with preference given to heavy oil and gas experience
- Hands on exposure to and functional understanding of electrical, instrumentation and field hardware such as smart digital transmitters, control valves (globe and butterfly), gas analyzers, communication and calibration devices
- Experience with programmable control systems such as PLC, DCS and SCADA/RTU, calibration and repair of plant instrumentation, analyzer calibration, combustion flame safety shutdown controls and local control loops
- Knowledge in the use and application of predictive technologies (infrared, calibration history, diagnostic software/systems)
- Good working knowledge and experience with a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) such as SAP
- Possess knowledge and experience with safe work practices in an oil industry environment accompanied by a superior safety attitude
- Working knowledge with engineering codes and standards and process safety such as ISA, ISO, IEC, ASME, ABSA, API, AGA, NEC, NEMA, NFPA, CSA.
- Strong leadership orientation that includes coaching, development of staff, and guidance of individuals toward goal achievement
- Possess superior analytical skills to identify key issues based on relevant data and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals, and to identify and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and apply new technologies
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.