one of Canada's largest integrated
Sr Mgr, Cold Production EngineeringLloydminster, Canada Apply Now
One of Husky’s advantages is that weare an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development,production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a rangeof learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and youare well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring andcareer development programs and resources to help you develop both personallyand professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internalleadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursementprograms for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of ouremployees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strongfocus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for a Senior Manager, Cold Production Engineering in the Heavy Oil and Gas (HOG) department inLloydminster, SK.
The Senior Manager, Cold Production Engineering is responsible forleading the Lloydminster Production/Operations Engineering Team in an efficientand professional manner, to maximize profitability & effectiveness of ourassets, organize and manage staffing, manage capital and OPEX spends, ensure communication and stakeholderengagement between work groups and ensure appropriate career development fortechnical staff.
This Lloydminster based position is specificallyresponsible and accountable for consistently delivering solid business resultsin a safe and efficient manner and has a key role in developing vision,strategy and direction for the Production Services Team that is in fullalignment with the rest of the HOG Business Unit and other key stakeholders. Theindividual filling this role ideally has the following attributes centered on thethree key areas of leadership, technical ability and business acumen.
- Provides leadership to effectively manage theengineering team, maximize team effectiveness and deliver on objectives
- Coaches and mentors direct reports. Conducts regularcommunication (face time in work areas, meetings), career development (PPRPs,one-on-one coaching) and provide guidance (one on one meetings)
- Accountable for production budgets, re-forecasts andproviding monthly reconciliation of actuals to forecasts. Provides direction to implement appropriateoptimization strategies to address production and cost variances. Providesinput and assistance with capital budget planning
- Develops effective relationships with other synergygroups within Husky and with all external stakeholders.
- Ensures effective communication and collaborationbetween work groups and HOG managers to manage projects and productiondisruptions.
- Develops team strategies and business plans inconjunction with the other HO&G managers and work groups.
- Responsible for work force planning includingcollaboration with other HOG Engineering Managers that best utilizes availableresources and for career development
- Builds a high performance team byleveraging off individual team member strengths and also develops self and teamcapacity to grow
- Understands and leads the change processby effectively managing ongoing business transition projects
- Leads continuous improvement efforts thatare targeted at improving business processes
Our ideal candidate will have the followingqualifications:
- Must have an Engineering degree
- Registeredas a Professional Engineer by a Canadian Association of Professional Engineerssuch as APEGA or APEGS
- Clean Level 5 driver’s license is required
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in an engineeringrole
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadershiprole
- Experience working in the Oil and Gas industry
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong leadershipskills and the ability to deal with situations requiring conflict management,negotiation, labor, OH&S, regulatory, maintenance, community relations,problem solving, continuous improvement, etc.
- Demonstratedability to work with professionalism and confidentiality, work independently,and quickly adapt to change in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstratedability to provide technical and professional leadership, maintain a high levelof professional ethics and show the utmost regard for the respect and dignityof individuals.
- Exceptionalattention to detail, well organized and transparent, able to provide detailedconstructive feedback and mentoring.
- Strongworking knowledge on how this business unit can impact the bottom line and hasthe ability to influence positive business and financial results
- Demonstratedability to understand the importance of leading and supporting the HuskyOperational Integrity Management System (HOIMS) efforts in all levels of ourbusiness
Thisposition is based in Lloydminster and requires the successful candidate to livein the Lloydminster area. We encourage all applicants to review the followingwebsites about living and working in the Lloydminster area:
At Husky,we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness anddifferent perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achievethis, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilitiesand we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities,Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, andis publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. The Company operates Upstream and Downstreambusiness segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China andIndonesia.
Husky's balanced growthstrategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management andsafe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must applyonline at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application processcan be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in ourorganization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.