one of Canada's largest integrated
Thermal Automation SpecialistLloydminster, Canada Apply Now
- Manage Thermal district automation requirements for new and existing facilities.
- Develop and implement automation standards, procedures and strategies for change management of automation systems within the Thermal district.
- Provide guidance, expectations and oversight to automation vendors.
- Interface with Operations and Maintenance with continued cost saving optimization initiatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal stakeholders (Projects, Technical Services, etc.)
- Provide automation expertise during design reviews, including HAZOP / LOPA exercises.
- Support the development of Measurement Accountability Reporting Plans (MARP).
- Provide input into process control equipment failure investigations.
- Be aware of new automation technologies that can enhance process control and process safety.
- Instrumentation or Electrical Engineer/Technologist or Journeyman Instrumentation Technician
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Journeyman Instrumentation/Electrical Interprovincial (Red Seal)
- A minimum of five years' experience with plant process automation
- Control system programming experience
- Proven ability to develop standards and best practices
- Familiar with field automation technologies (RTU, PLC, HMI, SCADA, end devices, communications systems)
- Knowledge of relevant Instrumentation and Control (I&C) codes and best practices (ISA, IEC, API)
- The following would be considered an asset:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering would be an asset:
- Registered Professional Engineer (APEGA/APEGS)
- Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering Technologist (ASET/SASTT)
- Knowledge of networks, administration, computer systems, and relational databases.
- Experience with Thermal SAGD operations, field instrumentation and measurement equipment
- Knowledge of measurement technologies, practices, and regulations (API, AGA, AER/ECON)
- Knowledge and experience in Management of Change (MOC) and Project Execution
- Experience collaborating with, communicating with, and influencing internal and external stakeholders
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.