one of Canada's largest integrated
Water Treatment Engineer/TechnologistLloydminster, Canada Apply Now
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for a Water Treatment Engineer/Technologist for its Heavy Oil and Gas Production Services Department in Lloydminster. This position is responsible for managing the water treatment programs for the Lloyd Thermal SAGD facilities in Husky’s Heavy Oil and Gas business unit.
- Providing analytical and operational support for Thermal SAGD facilities while working with Senior Water Treatment engineer
- Implementing plans for sampling and monitoring and working closely with chemical service providers to take samples, reviews analytical data
- Analyzing various plant process streams to identify water treatment issues in the produced water, boiler feed water, steam generation and water re-use processes
- Supporting root cause failure analyses for equipment failures related to water treatment or chemical treatment issues
- Providing practical solutions to help prevent future failures
- Supporting facility improvements by reviewing design packages for new construction and maintenance projects, including
- Reviewing construction work packages and designs to identify potential corrosion issues
- Participating in Management of Change reviews for changes to facility equipment, processes or operational practices
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Diploma or degree in Chemistry or other relevant discipline from an accredited institution
- Diploma or degree in corrosion sciences or chemical engineering would be an asset
- Certifications such as Chemical Technologist from a recognized local jurisdictional institution or eligibility for certification
- International certifications such as Chemical Treatment Technologist as offered by NACE International or eligibility for certification would be an asset
- Licensed professional engineer or professional engineering technologist in Alberta or Saskatchewan, or eligibility for registration in either province
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and abilities:
- 5 years of experience in water treatment or chemical treatment plan development, implementation, monitoring and trouble shooting.
- 2-5 years analytical experience in chemistry and water treatment, including fluid and deposit sampling and analysis and experience working in either site or commercial lab environments
- 5 years experience working in upstream or downstream in oil and gas (Thermal/SAGD experience preferred) or chemical processing industries.
- Familiar with oil & gas facility design, operation and maintenance with an understanding of Thermal/SAGD recovery, including water treatment, once-through steam generation (OTSG), and oil and gas production
- Working knowledge of water lab analytical methods (titrations, spectrophotometry, ICP, XRD)
- Basic knowledge of corrosion mechanisms and their causes
- Strong, effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with operations personnel
For this position you will be required to maintain a Class 5 driver's license, a satisfactory driving record, and adhere to the appropriate Company policies and guidelines. A Driver’s abstract will be one of the background checks requested in the Pre-employment Screening for the final candidate.
As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.
This position is based in Lloydminster and requires the successful candidate to live in the Lloydminster area. We encourage all applicants to review the following websites about living and working in the Lloydminster area:
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky's balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must apply online at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.