One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for an Ethanol Technician at their Minnedosa Ethanol Plant. In this role, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all ethanol process equipment focusing on maintaining/maximizing throughput and product quality.
There will be a regular rotation among all operating positions- process units as well as the Powerhouse.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Utilize the DCS system to monitor the process and make adjustments as required to maximize efficiency and maintain product specs
- Monitor plant instruments and equipment
- Create work requests in SAP for repairs as required
- Complete required process testing and water testing, and take appropriate corrective actions as required
- Prepare plant equipment for maintenance work, following Husky approved policies and procedures
- Complete and authorize safe work permits as per Husky's safety policies
- Troubleshoot plant operations for continuous improvement
- Identify and react to vulnerabilities affecting on-stream factor and product quality
- Assist in the development and execution of plant performance improvements
- Participate in "HAZOP's" and "What-If's" as required
- Review the daily, as well as, the standing orders and ensure they are carried out.
- Assist with the development and upkeep of operating procedures
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2nd Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an ethanol refinery or related fermentation process
- Experience with operating DCS systems would be an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Internet Explorer
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and facilitation skills
- Strong troubleshooting and decision-making abilities
- A valid, clean Class 5 driver’s license is required
As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment.
As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e., issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver’s abstract for the preceding 3-year period when appearing for an interview.
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky's balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must apply online at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.