one of Canada's largest integrated
Superintendent, Maintenance (Offshore)Canada Apply Now
- Leading the maintenance team to identify, plan, schedule and execute the preventative maintenance program and corrective maintenance, as well as modifications.
- Providing leadership, mentoring and supervision of maintenance staff and contract maintenance personnel.
- Leading the maintenance teams in developing proactive and progressive culture ensuring all maintenance activities are carried out in a planned, efficient, safe and environmentally responsible manner which complies with all Husky and Regulatory health, safety, and environmental codes, practices, policies and regulations.
- Determining maintenance resource level requirements to effectively manage work scopes and adjust as required.
- Working and building relationships with 3rd Party service providers.
- Establishing safety as a priority by providing leadership and direction in terms of execution strategies, audits and inspections.
- Engaging multi-discipline groups to plan and execute all work scopes required by the Husky Integrity Management System.
- Monitoring and updating SAP maintenance management system.
- Managing POB to maximize resources.
- Working with Engineering to review, develop and execute work packs.
- Working with EPC contractor to ensure all work scopes are planned and executed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participating in emergency response activities as required and/or requested. Performing duties of the muster captain during all drills and events. Also, providing technical support and resources to the OIM during emergency response activities.
- Ensuring proper record keeping in plant maintenance, reviewing historical data to reduce frequent failures (trending), capturing and reacting to Lessons Learned and participating in effective planning to reduce maintenance backlog.
- Ensuring the appropriate level of staffing and skill levels/mix is maintained for the Dept/Team while ensuring all employees in Dept/Team have the required and appropriate training to meet the competency requirements for their position. Also ensuring employees within the Dept/Team are stewarding towards completion of items identified for their position.
- Supporting established operational controls which ensure that all procured materials and services are verified and qualified as appropriate, and relevant hazards and risks associated with contractor and supplier activities are identified and managed.
- Implementing and/or supporting Contractor performance monitoring processes and periodic contractor audit processes, where opportunities for improvement and/or non-conformances are identified, recorded and corrected.
- Journeyman certification in relevant discipline (Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical and/or Marine Engineering).
- Required training as per the CAPP Standard Practice for Training and Qualifications of Personnel, Transport Canada, other regulatory requirements, and company required training as outlined.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory/management position.
- Minimum 10 years' related experience in the upstream oil and gas industry or equivalent process industry.
- Experience in a planned maintenance system.
- Knowledge of hydrocarbon/petro-chemical production system and marine equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the mechanical, electrical and instrumentation equipment associated with offshore installations, including the operation and maintenance of pumping and piping systems and associated control systems.
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance of electrical equipment in hazardous areas as defined by applicable legislation, codes and standards.
- Able to promote Husky Energy’s core business and safety values to the workforce.
- Display leadership and guidance in Change Management.
- Proven skills in effectively managing multiple tasks, often under pressure and within time constraints.
- Exceptional analytical skills to identify key issues based on relevant data and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to set and exceed established goals, schedules, and deadlines.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment that includes dealing with people from various disciplines. Also, work in partnership with others outside of the formal organization (e.g. service providers, vendors, contractors), to achieve goals, and identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups.
- Management of Major Emergencies (MOME) and Person in Charge (PIC) training.
- In-depth knowledge of offshore oil and gas operations.
- Effective knowledge of current offshore legislation and Company procedures.
- Travel offshore will be required on a 3 week offshore, 3 week onshore rotation: therefore must successfully complete the medical assessment and required training for clearance to work in that environment.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.