one of Canada's largest integrated
Credit AnalystOhio Apply Now
- Manage and support the entire AR relationship including, credit, collections, and cash application.
- Ensure compliance to Husky’s credit policies and procedures and maintain consistency with other credit teams within the organization.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with marketing to fully understand and support the businesses with appropriate levels of risk mitigation and flexibility to optimize the value in sales.
- Monitor industry news and events to identify and mitigate financial risks.
- Gather and review information from customers and Marketing to adjudicate and establish credit limits required to support the business.
- Provide key insights regarding customers such as the customer’s operational excellence, industry position, market niche, longevity of management or any other relevant details that may influence the credit decision for limits that require escalation to the Credit Manager in the Calgary office.
- Assist in developing procedures and reports quantifying and mitigating risk (VaR) and analyzing other metrics to support the growth of a trading program that includes asset-backed financial transactions.
- Assist with daily limit control, allocation, and reporting.
- Assist with ensuring customers are properly set up in HMSC’s transaction systems.
- Ensure all audit requirements are met and best practices are adhered to. Monitor compliance to approved credit limits by identifying and reporting credit policy deviations including over limit situations.
- Ensure accounts are within the approved credit limits per company policy. This involves making daily collection calls and coordinating alternative payment methods.
- Identify, recommend, and obtain securities or assurances from counterparties and customers necessary to mitigate credit risks. Ensure required securities or assurances are in place to mitigate risks.
- Participate in weekly and monthly HMSC and Middle Office meetings as a representative of credit, including providing updates and presentations related to areas of subject matter expertise.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 0 to 5 years' experience in credit, accounting, or finance; preferably within the energy industry
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in SAP preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills in securing relevant information/data and identifying key issues
- Ability to identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision
- Exceptional skills in effectively managing multiple tasks, often under pressure and within rigid time constraints
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders in an effective and professional manner
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.