one of Canada's largest integrated
Process Technician- HLUCanada Apply Now
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for a Process Technician to join the Husky Lloydminster Upgrader (HLU) Operations department at their Lloydminster, SK location.
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, the Process Technician Field Operator is responsible for the safe operation of a process operating area. This includes operation of all types of equipment, pumps, compressors and control panel consoles. Additionally, they are responsible for documentation of daily activities. This role works with other process technicians and various HLU Departments.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Perform safe operations to meet production targets, by monitoring process variables & equipment parameters to identify abnormal conditions and carry out appropriate changes. If work requests are required, ensure proper coding and adequate detail.
- Prepare plant equipment for maintenance, as well as issue work permits and ensure their safe completion.
- Complete and log all relevant actions as per Daily Order Books, daily maintenance schedule, short-term production plan STP, etc. by requested date. This includes routine maintenance and housekeeping duties
- Complete required operator training and ensure allocated training hours are met
- Communicate scheduling adjustments to the Shift Supervisor in a timely manner
- Act as First Response in handling of emergency situations as needed
- Complies with all Health Safety &Environmental requirements in the performance of this Position's responsibilities
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Completion of Two-Year Power Engineering Program
- 3rd Class Steam certificate is required
- Valid safety certificates (i.e. Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection) is an asset
- Experience in the following areas is considered an asset:
- Previous Operating experience in Refinery or Upgrader
- Experience with operating utilities or process equipment
- Minimum 0-5 years of experience working in an industrial setting
- Basic PC proficiency and proficiency with MS Office
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision
As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.
For this position you will be required to maintain a Class 5 driver's license, a satisfactory driving record, and adhere to the appropriate Company policies and guidelines. A Driver’s abstract will be one of the background checks requested in the Pre-employment Screening for the final candidate.
This position is based in Lloydminster and requires the successful candidate to live in the Lloydminster area. We encourage all applicants to review the following websites about living and working in the Lloydminster area:
Please note that pre-employment background checks are pre-conditions to Husky employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Husky.
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky's balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must apply online at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.