one of Canada's largest integrated
Co-op/Internship - Engineering - West White Rose Project (WWRP) Concrete Gravity Structure (CGS)St. John's, Canada Apply Now
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for an Engineering Co-op/Internship Student to join the West White Rose Project (WWRP) Concrete Gravity Structure (CGS) team. This position will be available for a 4 month work term starting on September 3rd, 2019 in Argentia, NL. As part of a team of specialists within the Atlantic Region Development Projects Group, the engineering student will interface and assist in project support for the strategic development and monetization of Husky's Atlantic Region Oil Resources.
Key responsibilities include:
- General duties as required by the CGS construction site team.
- Involvement in a variety of tasks related to construction of a CGS.
- Tracking of progress and deliverables from the CGS Construction Contractor. Interface with the CGS Design Contractor.
- Involvement with monitoring CGS graving dock maintenance program.
- Undertaking ad-hoc technical evaluations/investigations.
- Participating in technical meetings.
- Delivering an end of term presentation to other students, co-op supervisors and co-op office coordinators.
- Supporting management of interfaces with other Project members and Husky Atlantic Region Groups.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Civil engineering background preferred
- Construction site experience preferred
- Must be currently enrolled in a Co-operative or Internship program
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Capability to work with a wide range of disciplines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
The deadline for the submission of all applications is May 23rd, 2019.
Please note that pre-employment background checks are pre-conditions to Husky employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Husky.
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company.It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE.The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky's balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must apply online at: .Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.