one of Canada's largest integrated
Mgr, Finance Superior RefinerySuperior, Wisconsin Apply Now
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for a Manager, Finance at our Superior Refinery in Superior, Wisconsin.
This individual will be a key member of the Manufacturing Finance and Superior Refinery leadership teams. Located in Superior Wisconsin, the individual is responsible for conducting high level business and financial analysis that will assist management in making business decisions, while tasked to offer their unique perspective and guidance to influence decisions. The individual will have the hands on capability to implement short and long-term strategic initiatives as well as perform day to day task in Finance and Accounting. The individual will manage and lead the Superior Refinery Finance Team in accounting, performance measurement reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and reconciliation.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead the team to ensure accurate accounting of Superior Refinery Financials.
- Manage monthly close process.
- Prepare and present monthly financial package to management.
- Complete all sales, expense, and variance analysis.
- Oversee the operations of the Finance department, setting goals and objectives for staff.
- Drive the initiative to develop meaningful performance measurement reporting and analysis, including KPI development through collaboration with Manufacturing Finance and Superior Refinery.
- Ensure the delivery of a cohesive explanation of operational results, including both quantitative and qualitative components for discussion.
- Review and ensure accuracy and completeness of the monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts.
- Lead the preparation and submission of the long-range plan, quarterly forecast and mid-month estimate in partnership with the Superior Refinery, the broader finance team, and Corporate Strategy & Planning.
- Lead the submission for the quarterly commitment’s disclosure, embedded derivative and onerous contract identification to ensure accuracy of external reporting
- Ensure business processes are appropriate, well documented and executed. Identify best business practices and process improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate in all future-centric initiatives; manage change required through all relevant aspects (people, processes, and systems).
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- CPA Designation required
- Technical strength in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Proven leadership experience
- Advanced SAP, Business Warehouse and Excel skills would be deemed an asset
- Demonstrated progressive experience in business / financial analysis and performance measurement reporting
- Experience in a manufacturing business
- Extremely passionate and motivated by change; proven ability to lead a change effort
- Inspires a shared vision and fosters innovation and creativity
- Uninhibited by challenge, disagreement, and ambiguity
- Confidence to challenge the status quo; ability to identify problems, develop and implement solutions
- Highly analytical and results driven
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to communicate across business functions in an effective and professional manner
- Proven ability to lead a team working with people from various disciplines to achieve goals
- Exceptional skills in effectively managing competing priorities, often under pressure and within rigid time constraints
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
Employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky's balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must apply online at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.