one of Canada's largest integrated
Mgr, Technical ServicesSuperior, Wisconsin Apply Now
Husky is currently looking for a Mgr, Technical Services.
THe Mgr, Technical Services is responsible for the refinery process engineering and laboratory functions. Collaborates with the Project Engineering manager to ensure optimization of refinery resources. As a member of the refinery management team, responsible for development and management of the refinery and departmental budgets.
- Manage the chemical engineering, analytical chemistry, process control, and economic analysis resources of the refinery to optimize daily operations and develop long-term solutions for production bottlenecks and other issues
- Responsible for effective management of assigned budget; collaborates with the Business Development manager and the rest of the refinery management team to identify areas of opportunity for refinery performance enhancement.
- Lead and develop assigned staff; manages expectations and performance of staff; completes performance plans, evaluations, and other HR-related activities
- Collaborate with other members of the Superior management team as well as contacts within Husky to enhance refinery and company performance.
- Provides oversight for laboratory operations to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and Husky standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering (preferred), or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with significant refinery process engineering experience.
- Professional Engineering certification preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in refinery operations, process engineering, economic modeling, and/or process control systems
- A minimum of 5 years of experience to include process experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Team lead or supervisory experience in a refinery setting strongly preferred
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to set priorities, follow-up and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the company and external contacts
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Displaying tact and good judgment in resolving problems and answering inquiries
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, varied and diverse environment with changing priorities
- A high degree of initiative and self-motivation
- Proficiency in refinery modeling (LP and spreadsheet) Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP (including Manager's Desktop)
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energy’s hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.